Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Week 51: Seguimiento

Happy (upcoming) Valentine's Day, everyone!

To all the members reading this: I encourage you to give a Book of Mormon to someone you love or appreciate this Friday. What better gift is there?

Well, we did not end up getting to go to the temple with the ward last Saturday, but we will be having a beautiful wedding on Feb. 14th! We've been teaching this family for a few weeks... Kristina y Jeremias. My companion taught them several months ago with her previous companion, and they went to church a couple times, but they didn't progress. Now everything's ready for their wedding and baptism on Friday.

It's been really cool to see how the Lord has been preparing this family. I love them a lot, and will have pictures to send next week :)

We've also been having a lot of fun with one of our less active families, the one that has a 9-year-old girl with Down Syndrome. Her name is Favi (Faviola) and she has become a good friend of my companion and I. On Sunday she came up and gave me a hug, and then pulled me by the hand so I would play with her and a cute 4-year-old boy who was wandering mom-less. Her mom invited us over for lunch after church, and when we finished, Favi and I did the dishes. I washed, and she rinsed. She gave me a great big smile and thumbs up every time she successfully put a dish in the drying bucket.

We've been talking a lot about the Plan of Salvation lately; in fact, yesterday in church we learned how we come to Earth and receive our bodies so that we can learn to be more like Jesus Christ. Favi's mom said her daughter's Spirit must have been so close to perfect, she just needed to come to Earth to get her body.

I feel like that's true. We as people aren't anyone to judge, but Favi doesn't know right from wrong well enough to commit sins. Her presence here just helps the rest of us whose lives are touched by hers to love more and increase our faith in Christ. And one day, in the eternities, she will be a perfected and resurrected person, a glorious whole, a wonderful addition to her family.

Now we just have to help her Dad see that... It's been nine years since he's been active in the church, and no one knows why. But Favi is nine years old - who knows... But teaching doctrine never hurts. We're going to prepare a really good Plan of Salvation lesson to do with them.

I know that God lives. He loves us. And he really does have a glorious plan. One day, all of the confusion that there is in this life will make sense. But, for now, we should remember Isaiah 55:8-9:
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Please take care, and have patience and faith. God wants to bless you.

Love you all bunches and bunches!

Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment