Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Week 21: Week 16 en El Campo

Hola todos!

This message is going to be kind of barebones because we went paintballing today in the Guatemala jungle, and afterward people in the church cut our hair for free, and then we ate pizza. It's late now, and raining, and a there's horrible rap music playing in this computer place, and we have a family home evening planned with our awesome investigator family and the elders' quorum president and his wife. Life is good. I love you all.

Some random noticias:

My companion just found out (as of 16 minutes ago) that tomorrow she has to go, with another sister that's also waiting on her visa to be processed, to the capital to deal with paperwork and find out if it's there. Probably not, but there's a possibility that she'll be leaving for Mexico this week. If so, I'll be so sad. Happy for her of course, and ready for whatever comes my way next, but sad to see her go. She has taught me so many things and we have a lot of fun together. My love for her has grown so much, and with it, the love for everything and everyone in this mission.

Also, this means Tuesday and Wednesday and part of Thursday I'll be on divisions with my first companion, and we'll be working in my area or in hers, I don't know which. Hopefully mine because we've got some incredible people we're teaching right now. (Prudencio, Emanuel, Soila, Lady, etc!) But hopefully hers too, because they've also, of course, got some awesome people they're teaching. One, in particular, is named Paola and we found her the day two weeks ago when I was on divisions with my companion in her area. So, we'll see where we go, but I know God will take care of the people in whichever part we serve.

We get a new mission president this week! He arrived on Saturday. On Wednesday the old mission president and his wife had a farewell meeting for all the sister missionaries. It was sweet to be with them one last time but annoying because they just talked about marriage and we had to cancel the appointments we'd had planned for that morning. But Presidente and Hermana Maravilla are incredible and inspiring people, and I will cherish forever the love I felt from them, and will remember the example they set as I go home and proceed to grow up into an adult (and a marriage) a lot like them and theirs.

The new president is named President Ruiz and is from Panama. I don't really know anything about him yet, but will get to meet him tomorrow, I think, and we'll have interviews this week, so that'll be cool. There are so many good people in the world.

I'm still in the same area that I was in when I got here, and I love it so much. The ward members are AMAZING and our investigators are so awesome. Soila, the mom in the incredible family where the husband only makes $5 a day, is going to get baptized on the 13th. This incredibly prepared man named Prudencio, who I will write about in length in another ocassion, has read half the Book of Mormon and is simeoultaneously working his way through the most recent conference issue Liahona. Emanuel, a 15-year-old we've been teaching for a while, went to youth conference this weekend and loved it. A less active, borderline rebellious teenager named Hyrum went too, and I can not tell you how happy it made me to see the two of them standing on the sidewalk, in their white shirts in the rain, smiles on their faces, having just got off the bus.

Life is so good, and the church is so true. I love you all and pray you are doing well.

Hugs,
Hermana Ison

And OH - it's gonna be the 4th of July!! And I am SO jealous. Didn't realize how much I loved this holiday until I got here without it. Please go to the fireworks and watch all of the parades and eat something red, white, and blue. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment