Monday, July 29, 2013

Week 25 TRANSFERS! And (almost) living on bread alone.

Guess what? They changed me! I'm in my second area, with my fourth companion. She's named Hermana Sandigo and is nice, and the area is HUGE! It's way bigger than my old one, in a little town with lots of aldeas, which I don't really know how to explain in English. Dirt roads with houses on one side and corn fields on the other? It makes me really happy to see corn, and it's fun to get to live in a little town where all the people know eath other.
Things have kind of stopped surprising me. This week, I watched a man named Anival climb a coconut tree with his bare hands. Like they do to that post in the movie Mulan, except without the fancy golden medals. He just used this simple crocheted net thing on his feet, to have friction. It was a tall coconut tree.

Afterward, he gave us coconuts (which we drank the milk out of - it was my first time - and it was good but more like sweet water)and we taught him about keeping the Sabbath day holy, which he said he would start doing. He's a proffessional coconut dropper. (Don't know how to translate that into English either!) But it was awesome.
This week in transfers a whole bunch of Nortes came! Like 16 sisters. And 4 elders, just from the US. It was really cool to see all the new ones and realize how far I've come.

Loving life and love you guys!
Hermana Victoria Ison

No comments:

Post a Comment